Alloy Wheel Repairs Specialist Bolton
We repair scuffed, scratched, kerbed, and damaged alloy wheels using the latest in alloy wheel repair technology. We aim to give you an outstanding result by using our fully mobile alloy wheel refurbishment process, so you can have your alloy wheels repaired at home, work or anywhere that’s convenient for you.
Click below for our quote form, connect with us via WhatsApp or call 07428 565 525
Alloy Wheel Refurbs
Get your alloy wheels looking new again!
Alloy Wheel Refurbishment Process
If you have scuffed or scraped your wheels, don’t worry, give Smart Repair Bolton a call and we’ll restore them back like new and at a very affordable cost. Read on for more info about how we carry out our alloy wheel refurbishment and repairs.
1. We remove the damaged alloy wheels from the vehicle and place the car on axle stands. In our fully equipped vans, we deflate the damaged alloys tyre and break the bead (pushing the tyre back from the alloy a couple of inches) to ensure we can remove all the damage from the outer edge of the alloy. This also means the wheel will be completely keyed for maximum adhesion of the paint/lacquer avoiding flaking paint around the edge of the wheel after a few months.
2. We assess the alloy wheel again for trueness and any safety issues after removing all the traffic film and brake dust.
3. The damage is removed from the alloy using special sanding techniques, fillers (only if necessary) and experience.
4. Once the alloy is damage free, it is then primed and dried using a heat treatment.
5. The base coat/colour coat is then applied to the alloy, making sure the colour is a perfect match and gently heat treated again.
6. Two coats of durable 2k high gloss lacquer are applied to the wheel to ensure a hard-wearing finish and a deep shine followed by another heat treatment to cure the alloy wheels topcoat.
Finally, the tyres are inflated to the correct pressure, and the wheels are fitted back to your vehicle.
Done! Your alloy wheel has been restored to factory showroom condition!
A typical alloy wheel refurbishment for a full set of alloys will take one of our experienced technicians approx 2-3 hours from start to finish, but this is dependent on the extent of damage to the alloy wheels.
Alloy Wheel Colour Change
As part of our alloy wheel repair service, we can also colour change your alloys and repaint them to a brand new colour. Have you recently purchased a new car but the alloy wheel paint colour just doesn’t do the car justice? Or just fancy changing the colour of your alloy wheels? Whichever colour you want, whether you want gloss black alloy wheels, white alloy wheels, chrome shadow alloy wheels or sparkling glass alloy wheels, Smart Repair Bolton are experts in alloy wheel colour change!
Most colour changes can be carried out in a day or two, so it will cause the minimum of disruption for you and is a very cost-effective way of totally transforming the look of both your alloy wheels and your vehicle.
Diamond Cut Wheel Repairs
At SMART Repair Bolton, we offer Diamond cut wheels with at a high standard and a reasonable price.
Diamond cutting is very popular but it takes longer to reproduce than a powder coat. Because Diamond cut wheel repair involves removing a thin layer of the alloy, the wheel can only be cut a certain amount of times before too much alloy will be eventually removed for it to be safe to use.
Not all wheels can be Diamond cut as it depends on the profile of the wheel. The wheel has to be painted first in the selected colour and then baked in an oven.
Once the wheel has dried the wheel is mounted on a CNC lathe so that the face of the wheel can be machined to achieve the metallic diamond cut pattern. After the wheel is then sprayed with an acrylic lacquer to finish the look.
Even though you have a diamond cut finish, it still can be susceptible to damage. If water gets under the lacquer, it stains the bare metal a milky colour and can leave white marks on the alloy itself. If you require diamond cut wheels, then you may be only able to get it cut 1-2 times due to the process weakening the alloy.
If you would like a quote then give us a call on 07428 565525 or connect with us on Whatsapp.